Wednesday 19 January 2011

Desperate times sparks genius....EE-3 Fett Blaster...moving again!

okay so todays progress is as follows...

primered and undercoated (metallic auto-paint) the front half, I'm leaving the stock as is for now..you'll see why in a minute
the add-ons and fill-ins are nicely vanished with a lick of paint...








Whilst I was painting and despairing about the stock, it hit me, why not make a template out of plasticard to cover AND strengthen the stock? So I scanned the blaster and photoshopped up a rough template to cut out...
 






Then using trusty superglue attached the cut out plasticard cover...it's a little rough but I'm thinking with some sanding and a bit of filler it could potentially work nicely...


 So, glued, sanded and primed...priming has highlighted some areas for a little filler/attention but overall it works!! hooray for desperate measures!





Next steps...fill the little 'niggits' sand, primer again, lightly, undercoat then it's time to start the prep for the final paint job touches.

I ARE NERD
Respect
P.

2 comments:

whaddya think? go on leave me a comment...