Wednesday 5 January 2011

Blade Runner - phase 2....

Whilst spending the holidays with my family in Spain and due to my previous triumphs in the little chinese junk shops, I thought I'd see what's on offer this time...last shop, as everything is closing up ...all hope gone of uncovering any gems and lo and behold what do I find.....not the now famous and fairly easily found rip off that I previously modded here Blade Runner Toy Gun Mod

but this fabulously authentic(ish) knock off....except the obvious hand grips and the triggers/trigger guard, to my nieve eyes it's got to have been a cast from one or another of the previous "authentic(ish)" styled PKD's?










not a bad little find I reckon. This one should, in theory present a lot less trouble to mod, it's made of nice soft, easily cuttable plastic and apart from the handgrip and trigger guard I think is almost complete...or is it...

First job was to sand the rough edges cut the upper barrel out and build the wierd greeblie that's on the real deal. Using my trusty tap washer kit and the tip of a paintbrush the results are thusly..


sorry for crappy mobile phone pics..but better ones will come as the build progresses. Next job was to replace the plastic 'weaver' screw effort and add the other screw that aligns with the barrel. for the latter I used the head of a pocket led torch..it has the elements of the screw from the side and as an added bonus has a cool little lens in the tip...I also cut open the ejection port on the upper reciever ready to be filled with a real metal, or metal effect inner...



finally, for this episode I added the two screws to the mag housing and again, using the tiniest tap washers to effect the allen heads on the revolver case...



more to come....as and when...

I ARE NERD!!
Respect
P.

No comments:

Post a Comment

whaddya think? go on leave me a comment...