Wednesday 12 January 2011

Proud of yourself, little man?

Whilst awaiting inspiration and materials to continue building the hand grips I've not been lazy...much...

With help from some great folks over at propsummit I've tentatively drafted the frame for the grip. It's potentially a goer in some 1/2" wood but until I've decided on material for the actual grips themselves I'm holding fire on cutting it.


So in the meantime, to not lose momentum/excitement I've been busy with some minor beautification.
The double trigger is an iconic part of the design so I got that sorted fairly easily.



They won't function as such but are pretty sturdy against the attack of curious fingers..
My mini pipe cutter arrived today too so I set about cutting down the barrel insert I've already started on..



The issue here is that the pipe is barely 1mm thick so needs to be fattened up somehow to look more badass..two options present themselves now the first is my trusty rubber washers...


or this cheeky little leftover from a mini scope..it has a lens so looks quite cool, if not screen accurate (so what?) not sure which to go for yet though....


With the backup blasters sitting in thier packaging still it struck me that I could cut out the half laser sight on it and also on my hero I'm working on and by carefully sanding and cutting could put the two halves together to create a more 'standout' rod...


and lastly for now, the two halves after a few coats of primer...much better...


more to come...so much more...

I ARE NERD
Respect
P.



No comments:

Post a Comment

whaddya think? go on leave me a comment...