So as the quest for sci-fi glory continues Rick Deckard's andy wasting hand cannon will be mine...eventually...
Today's update includes....
greeblie number 1 - taken from another cheapo waterpistol, a kind of safety catch. I want to try to make the left side as different from the right and as close to the true prop as possible, I've also shaved down the surplus bolt so it blends more...
greeblie number 2 - the screw/adjuster (Weaver Knob for those in the know) Cannibalised from a PC case and an extra groove cut into the top
Next..Plasto filling the markings to make for a smoother barrel and cylinder
I also decided to cut out the existing barrel end and make my own more realistic top barrel..
using rubber tap washers (thanks Kev) I made a concave end
and another cannibalised part - a Star Wars weapon (from the Boushh 6" figure I believe) cut up to utilize the tip only, the rest goes into the "parts bin"
and shazam...here it is (sorry for the poor pics..nokia's fault not mine) The next step will be to test fit it with the rest of the barrel and cut some of it away so that it sits real purdy over the main business end.
I ARE NERD