Sunday 10 October 2010

Blade Runner Blaster final steps, lights are in!!!....oh joy of joys!!!

So after spending the afternoon in Maplins perusing thier sumptuous displays of circuit boards, resistors and micro switches myself and my electronics consultant rushed back home to build the guts of the beast.
Well, I drank tea and wondered how...

the components used were 5 LED's 3 red and 2 green, some wiring and the old toy's original circuit board as a base for the circuit of lights, a micro switch secreted, quite clumsily (needs repairing and glueing), some solder and a hell of a lot of cursing and sweating.

However finally the last 10% is coming about, I've improved the barrel tip (needs painting), found a foresight (also needs painting and attaching) and added rolls of coins to give the weapon some realistic weight (about 2kg I think)

so on with the pics...

Sincerest gracias to the Spanishdemoness for her electricalised genius.
I ARE NERD
Respect
P.

1 comment:

  1. I know this post is about 5 years old, but I absolutely love what you did with this project. I want to do the same conversion, but am having difficulty locating the toy that you used here in the US. When I do get my hands on one, I will definitely use your project as my guide

    ReplyDelete

whaddya think? go on leave me a comment...